Monday, June 26, 2006

Our Big Boy

Today was Drew's first doctor visit! He did great and didn't even fuss one bit. One big thing you worry about when breastfeeding is, are they gaining weight. The goal for a new born baby is to be back to their original birth weight by their two week check (next weeks visit). He weighed 8 pounds 11 ounces when he was born and when we left the hospital he was 8 pounds. They only like them to have a 7% loss at the maximum. Drew was a little over this. They told me to supplement him with formula and I told him that that wasn't necessary, that he would gain the weight and if not, I would supplement him then. So today was the test, and the boy weighs 9 pounds 1 ounce after pooping and not eating for three hours. As the doctor said, he is going to be a big boy. I knew I had nothing to worry about!

0 comments: