Sunday, September 10, 2006

Baseball Fan

I LOVE baseball. In fact I love it so much that I could watch it on TV every day for the rest of my life. Now most women I know could not say the same thing. I am not sure what it is that makes me love the sport but I do. I don't live and breathe baseball but there isn't a thing about it that I don't like or don't know. So for those of you that love baseball, here is a story for you...tonight Dan and I attended a class at our church (thanks Pastor Kerry) and our table went around and introduced themselves. Sitting at our table was Rod Carew!! Yes, as in Angels player Rod Carew, as in second baseman Rod Carew, as in National Baseball Hall of Famer Rod Carew! Dan whispered to me about half way through our class, "You are dying aren't you!" All I said back was "yeah." Here was a guy that I had heard about my whole life sitting there in front of me. A guy who was a hero to many people. We had a few discussions and in a very short time I realized that it doesn't matter who you are, God wants the same thing from each of us! It is amazing to me that as I grow older how the same things I have heard throughout my life gain more importance!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you're all going to think I am a looser, but I didn't know who Rod Carew was until after teaching 101 Sunday night and reading Jessica's blog. It was only then that I logged on and did my research. I had the honor of spending 10 - 15 minutes with Mr. Carew talking about life and didn't know who he was. Must be because I am from TEXAS...GO RANGERS! What a gentlemen Mr. Carew is. Angels fans...please forgive a Pastor from Texas.

Pastor Kerry