We went to Truckee (Tahoe/Reno) at the end of last month and I am just now getting a minute to post some pictures while one is sleeping and one is being a princess castle. The purpose of our trip was my friend Donielle's shower but we got the benefit of spending some time with our family and hanging out with friends! It sure was a fun trip! For those of you that don't know we met the McMinn's (Donielle, her husband Andy, and Bella) while we lived in Reno at the Rock Church. We have remained close with them even though distance keeps us apart on a daily basis. Sometimes it is hard to believe that we have only known each other for about 2 1/2 years. Their family's friendship is such a key part of our lives that it is weird to think that we haven't always known each other! Donielle is pregnant with their second girl, who I regret to say has three names right now...she might just end up being Hailey Chloe Lillian Faith McMinn. I have to give her a hard time since they didn't name their daughter Bella until after she was born! Bella and Kendra have the same birthday (crazy but true) and their daughter's original due date was on Drew's birthday. I know that she is going to come earlier but it is special to me anyways! I helped Donielle's sister-in-law give Donielle a shower. I was in charge of decorations and food. To say that I pulled it off is crazy but I did. To think a year ago I didn't know how to cook and now I am giving showers! What a transformation! I did of course have the help of my mother-in-law and Donielle to guide me through the recipes. It was wonderful to meet all of Donielle's family and friends and see some of my old friends while celebrating this baby girl that is almost here!! Here are some pictures of Donielle's big day:
Bella with her matching outfit for her and her sister!
Kendra and Bella being their usual silly selves! It doesn't matter what these two do together...they always have fun! I will say that for the 2 year age gap, they do SO good!
Now if only I could snap my fingers and make myself and my kids get to Reno when she goes into labor! We would do anything to be there for the special day!
1 comments:
Thanks again for such a special day! We loved having you guys here and can't wait to see you in August!!
Post a Comment