Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Boys

Well a lot of you might not know this, but not only do I use this blog to keep family and friends updated, but I also use this to help me remember what happened when so that when I am scrapbooking it is a reference tool for me to use so I can remember what we did when.

So I have to make sure to blog about "the boys" or I will forget Drew saying this in a couple months when I am scrapbooking this stage he is in (yes, I am a little behind on my scrapbooking).

So he always talks about "da boys." "Da boys are comin'." "They comin' down the steet (street)." Now it took Dan, Kendra, and I forever to figure out what he was saying. But since he has said it at least 5-10 times a day in the last couple of weeks, we now have it crystal clear what it is he is trying to say. Basically Drew loves to watch all the big boys in our neighborhood play. He sees them riding their bikes, walking down the street, and just being boys. Well he wants to go outside every day to see "the boys." So we watch the boys...we watch them play, walk down the street, ride their bikes...every day when Drew says this it just makes Kendra crack up. It took us so long to figure out what he was saying that now any time we hear him, we can't help but laugh. After observing some of the kids outside and realizing watching them isn't one of the best ideas, I don't think I am going to be ready any time soon for Drew to be a part of "the boys!"

This just sparked a desire in my heart to be praying for my kids not only now but for their future...that they will be a light amongst "the boys" and "the girls."

1 comments:

Chiara said...

Carter says the same thing. He says "Da Boys" or "Da Guys" and is always referring to big boys he sees. He is obsessed with two boys who shoot hoops down the street a little. I agree with you, and I hope Carter too can be a strong, courageous soldier for Christ--not just trying to "fit in" with the world.