Saturday, July 12, 2008

Beach Days

One of our favorite family things to do this summer has been to pack dinner and go to the beach. It has been so hot lately that we have loved enjoying a little cooler weather at the beach.

We have taken some trips just the 4 of us, some with friends, two day trips in our trailer...one for our riding ministry and one for the 4th of July...and have just really been enjoying our time at the beach.

Kendra and Drew just both for the first time were allowing the waves to touch their feet and learning how to stand back and allow the waves to come to them. Those waves can kind of be scary and I think they are slowly learning how they work :-)

What a beautiful day it was at the beach!

This is a hilarious story about Drew on the beach. Some girls were running by (junior life guards or a team of some sort) as we were close to the water. We saw them pass the first time as they were heading down the beach. Drew had to tell me over and over, "the girls are running down the beach." I just kept acknowledging him and saying, "yeah buddy." Well by the time Drew stopped talking about the girls running down the beach and I had forgotten about them, here they came, running back down the beach. The next thing we know, Drew has stopped playing in the sand, stands up, watches them run by, and then takes off as fast as his little feet could carry him after the girls. Dan, Kendra, and I were laughing so hard. We kept telling him to stop and come back and he just was laughing and kept on going until Dan caught up with him. Dan and I both said to one another...a look into our future...Drew chasing girls. It is a story we will never forget!

3 comments:

Donielle... said...

I love this story and the fact that you have a picture that shows your little man running after a bunch of girls is just too much! I have a feeling this is just a small glimpse into what is to come with your little ladies man!! ;)

Chiara said...

Okay, that picture of Drew running after the girls is HILARIOUS! I can't stop laughing!

Anonymous said...

TOO CUTE!!!! What a great story, captured in a picture too :)