Friday, September 26, 2008

Special Days

I have been given the amazing blessing this year of teaching Kindergarten one day a week for my friend. It is so fun to go in one day a week. I don't take the privilege of being able to stay home with my kids or the sacrifice lightly at all! It is something Dan and I both feel passionate about and really feel God has called for our family. We aren't saying it has been easy but definitely worth it!

This year (as in school year) my mom has blessed us in a huge way with being with the kids the day I teach. We are also fortunate to live very close to Papa and Grammie so we get to see them a couple times a week. But it is amazing how special those days with just Grammie have become to the kids. As a lady at the park (that is inside the zoo) told her this week...you are an awesome grandma to be climbing rope walls with them and sliding down slides. My mom and I have had our many differences through the years but that doesn't change how special she is and the things she does not only for the kids, but for Dan and I as well. It is the simple things that we appreciate so much! We feel so blessed!

So me being a Kindergarten teacher one day a week is a true joy for everyone! This week while I was in the classroom I was reminded of how much I love my children, what it means to me to be able to be home with them, and how much I love being a teacher!

2 comments:

Donielle... said...

What a wonderful blessing for Kendra and Drew to have such a wonderful Grammie and Papa. These "special days" are ones that the kids will cherish forever! :)

Goodman's said...

Amen sista!