Sunday, November 02, 2008

Fall Fest and Halloween!

Halloween was such a fun day for all of us! Fridays are Grammie days so Grammie and the kids headed to Chuck E Cheese and Target to shop! They had tons of fun and got some fun things too!
I had the joy of being with my Kindergartners for Halloween. The Kinder teachers were all characters from Dr. Suess and I was "Thing 1." So fun! I am going to try to get a picture from one of them so you can all see :-)

Crazy Hair Day Kids (it was crazy hair day and of course Drew had to have his done too) and all 3 Crazies Carving Pumpkins!

We had a great time Thursday carving our pumpkins. We always try to make our pumpkins into the characters or theme of our Halloween. Since both kids were "under the sea" we had an Ariel pumpkin and a Nemo pumpkin. We also did Mickey and a pumpkin with various shapes that we got from church with each shape representing something about our love and trust in God! I forgot to take pictures of them at night but you get the idea :-)
Ariel
Mickey Mouse

Our church puts on a Fall Fest every year. We were totally and completely blown away by how amazing of a job they did on this year's event! What a fantastic time we had! It was amazing to see how many families came and enjoyed all that was offered. Kendra's favorite part of Fall Fest was the ferris wheel. Drew's favorite part of Fall Fest was the train. Dan's favorite part of Fall Fest was In-n-out. My favorite part was watching the fun my kids had!

Fall Fest in stroller style...oh how sometimes I wish I could be the one in the stroller :-)

Our Ariel and our Nemo

Both of them enjoying riding the swings!

We literally walked into Fall Fest and went straight to the ferris wheel...they just kept going around and around...it was crazy to see the two of them by themselves on a ride together...they were holding hands and it was one of the cutest things I have ever seen with the two of them. Totally just enjoying each other!

Grammie and her fish!

Riding on the train...all aboard! Drew was in heaven!

Both kids got their faces painted. Drew decided about 10 minutes into Fall Fest that he was going to take his costume off. The girl just did black and orange stripes on Drew's nose since he was Nemo. He looked so cute in his black sweats, white t-shirt, and orange and black stripes on his nose-oh our little Nemo. Kendra on the other hand was transformed into a beautiful sea princess with her face paint of a star fish and designs! Wow!

Ariel and daddy on the train.

Grammie and her beautiful Princess

Once Fall Fest got a little too crowded for the kids, we headed home and trick-or-treated at neighbors houses that we know. It didn't take long...soon they were done, costumes off, some candy eaten...and in bed!

Happy Fall from our family to yours!

8 comments:

Chiara said...

I loved your kids' costumes. The sea theme was fun! I'm glad you loved Fall Fest as much as we do. Carter stayed until it closed and couldn't understand why we were leaving. : )

Carrie Steele said...

So cute! Wish our cow could have seen your sea creatures at FallFest. Just too many people.

vstew said...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! They are so friggin' cute I can't stand it!!! Wish I was there to see them in all their Under the Sea glory :) :) Nice pumpkins, couz! I am super impressed!

Laura said...

So cute!
I'm glad I at least got to see you in passing at Fall Fest.
Great job on the pumpkins and LOVE the family photo...with Belle!

Stephanie said...

I'm glad you all had a good timd. Drew and Kendra looked adorable. I like how you are able to tie their costumes together with a theme.

Katie D said...

It sure looks like you guys had a great Halloween! Drew is adorable and Kendra is a BEAUTIFUL Ariel!!

Anonymous said...

I have to post Syd's comments..
"Kendra is soo pretty!"
"Look it's Belle! Aaw it's a family picture!!"

Donielle... said...

Oh my gosh, the kids look adorable! Kendra is the prettiest little Ariel I've ever seen (especially with her face painting) and Drew is by far the cutest Nemo around! ;) You guys have quite the fun filled holiday and the Fall Fest sounds amazing! Now if I could just see a picture of Thing 1 I'd be satisfied... ;)

P.S. -- You'll have to tell me more about what you did with the shapes and pumpkins...sounds neat!