Monday, January 05, 2009

Christmas Day

We had such a wonderful morning on Christmas morning. We woke up, went down stairs, opened our stockings and had a yummy breakfast followed by Jesus' birthday cake! We took our time opening presents and spent most of the day in our PJ's just enjoying being together. I can't remember a day like this that we have ever had. It was so much fun to just sit and play with the kids and watch them find joy in all that they were blessed with this year!

We went to my parent's house for dinner. It has been such a treat this holiday to have my aunt, uncle, and cousin here from Australia. My aunt and uncle are now retired so we have been seeing much more of them which is just awesome. My kids adore them and talk about them all the time! I think it is their accents that they love...it is so cute to see them listen to them. Maybe that is what I need...an accent!
My mom's table set for dinner...there is just something about a table set for Christmas...brings such joy to my heart. My aunts and mom keep telling me...get ready it is going to be your turn next...I can't wait for that day!

Uncle Randy, Drew, Aunt Barb, and Kendra enjoying some time together!

All of us seated for dinner...it was so good! My mom makes this squash soup every year. It is Dan's absolute favorite! And that is just our starter...no wonder my jeans are getting tight!Dan and I always tease my dad about what ever Kendra says goes...she totally works him! And I give the 4 year old credit...it totally works!


Uncle Randy, my dad, and Dan stop talking for one second to give into my picture taking while we open presents...I love pictures!

Four Generations

The kids with their cousin, aunt, and uncle...boy were they popular!

Grammie Great with her grand babies...the love she has for each one of us is amazing! She inspires me every day to be full of joy and love to all those around me! It was great as we were taking this picture. The kids kept saying, we are her grand kids and kept sneaking behind the couch to try to be in the picture...what a precious moment that was!

1 comments:

Chiara said...

Jessica--What a fun Christmas! I love your parents' house. The dining room is decorated SO nicely. I am right there with you--I can't wait to be in the rotation to host some of the holiday events at my house!