Saturday, June 30, 2007

Silly Grammie-Great




As I was growing up I called my grandma "Silly Grandma." For she was not only the silliest grandma but she was also the most fun! Every single memory I have of my grandma brings a smile to my face. I have been blessed this year with her offering to spend one day a week with my kids! So they have been able to experience her same silliness I experienced when I was little. They also have been able to experience the fun she loves to have as well! Kendra thinks her Grammie Great is so silly! She just recently sent a newspaper article to me from her newspaper "The Desert Sun":


I know that it is hard to see but the title of the article is "Cherished treasures" (the picture is Kendra and Drew). Under the picture it says, "This is Kendra and Andrew of Mission Viejo. Being a great-grandma is one of God's treasures. ...I have been granted good health, so get to be the child-care person one day a month. A lot of work, but true blessings." Of all the wonderful things my grandma has done for me over the past 28 years this truly is the most special! For her to love my kids so much is a cherished treasure for me...I love you Grams and am so thankful that God gave me you as my grandma!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

That is so sweet! I got teary-eyed reading it.

Chaplain to the Outdoorsmen said...

How cool is that!

Anonymous said...

The Grammie Great had true tears in her eyes. What a blessed tribute by my wonderful Grand Daughter. Love everyone so veryyyyyy much.