Monday, April 14, 2008

Desire of My Heart

The desire of my heart has always been to have more kids. With life as it is right now, God is clearly showing us that this isn't the time. Things in our life are crazy to say the least. As I sat at a traffic light the other day close to tears praying that God would just wrap his arms around our family, I started to cry but out of total laughter at what I was reading...the license plate frame in front of me read...Final Score...3 kids...1 boy, 1 girl, 1 husband. It was exactly what I needed for God to show me that sometimes we have the desire of our hearts right in front of us. I know it is kind of silly, but at that moment, it is what God used to speak to me.

I have been reading this Beth Moore book and she speaks of the Lord as our Keeper. He is the caretaker of both you and me. He totally tends to us. He is always watching over us. We are on a path that has twists and turns with hills that don't always allow us to see the other side. But what is so awesome is that God never takes his eyes off of us...He knows what is on the other side and He alone is in control! "The Lord protects you; the Lord is a shelter right by your side." Psalm 121:5 I am so thankful that God is with me as I journey on this path with my family!

4 comments:

Seagers said...

Isn't our God good? He will never leave us or forsake us, and He is our help in time of trouble. I love that.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing that with all of us. You are right, God does know what's on the other side and we just have to keep going up the hill and know that we will go down soon...(just to take another bend in the road!)

Chiara said...

God is indeed our comforter. He is amazing! Thank you for sharing your heart.

Goodman's said...

I am constantly reminding myself that God has a plan for us and even though we don't always "get what we want", everything happens for a reason. It's good to know too that God has a sense of humor!