Monday, April 07, 2008

Home Away From Home

Once again we were out in the dirt this weekend for fun times with friends! I was blessed to have my friends Jamie and Katie watch my kids so I could ride with my husband. Dan and I usually take turns riding so one of us is always with the kids. We had a great time doing the annual poker run together and Kendra and Drew were in heaven. We went to five spots and picked up a card. At each of the 5 spots are clues that lead you to the sixth spot for a bonus card. Once you have your 6 cards (that are stapled shut by the way so you can't cheat) you return it to camp and hope your hand is better than everyone else's hand. Although I felt like I was continually going and didn't have much time to relax this trip...it was so fun to once again be together as a family!

Drew fell asleep when I was riding him around on his dirt bike. He never wants to get off....I guess not, he will even sleep on it! I even tried to take off his helmet but he wasn't hearing of it. Once he was deep asleep I managed to get his helmet off of him. His love for anything with wheels is so sweet.

Drew riding with mommy!

Kendra riding with her brother.

The highlight of this trip for Kendra was having her friends Sydney and Sawyer there as well as being able to walk Koda the dog. She loves animals and especially has fallen in love with Koda.

Drew's highlight of his trip was definitely riding with Mr. Matt. First he followed Mr. Matt on his quad riding. Then Mr. Matt took Drew for a ride on his bike. He was in heaven and told Matt, "I wanna go up the hill." Up the hill they went and boy was Drew excited!

Another great weekend!

4 comments:

Laura said...

I love all your pictures! Miss seeing you and hope we'll get to come back to church one day soon.

Goodman's said...

Another fun weekend for the O'Connell's! Love the picture with Drew asleep with the helmet...too cute!

Dew's said...

I love it when you post pictures of weekends in the dirt! You are one hot momma!

Jennifer Gray said...

These are the CUTEST pictures!!!
What amazing memories your kids will have when they grow up.
So fun!
Jen