Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Spending Time With Family

Drew Drew and Jesse...spending time together. Drew doesn't usually leave his cousins side.
Part of the family playing LCR

Pumpkin and Papa coloring

In the past two weeks we have been spending an incredible amount of time with family. As sad as it is that my grandfather passed away this past week, he would be so happy and proud that we have spent so much time together celebrating his life. One of our favorite things to do when we are together is play a game called LCR. (Left-Center-Right) It is a great game and all based on luck. You each start with 3 dollars and can end up winning the pot. With our family the middle pot is usually pretty big with so many people so you can imagine how crazy the game gets with us all wanting the pot! It was one of my Poppee's favorite games to play. He loved when all us cousins or the whole family were together playing games. Some of our favorites are Rummikub, Pictionary, Scategories, Gestures, and LCR. The kids are now totally into whatever game we are playing. It is great to see them so excited to play!

2 comments:

Chiara said...

I'm so happy to see that, through a difficult time, your family was able to spend a lot of precious time together.

Stephanie said...

Family is so precious. I'm glad you get those precious times.

Thanks so much for all the sweet comments on my new blog. I value your opinion so much. And yes, I would still love to be accountability partners if your up for it! That's one of the parts I've been missing so much. Let me know what your thoughts are. The Monday night group is open to all if your interested and I'm actually attempting to facilitate it this next Monday night. Yikes!