Monday, October 15, 2007

South Carolina

I took a couple of days and went to South Carolina. I surprisingly went alone. For those of you that aren't around me on a continual basis...I am always with my kids. For me to go cross country and make that trip is a huge deal! Obviously I went to college in South Carolina and made the trip many many times but things now are definitely different.

My kids were in excellent hands with my grandma, my mom, and Dan and for that I am so very greatful!

To make things even crazier, I left my cell phone in California. I thought at first, no big deal, I will just call using a calling card. I challenge you to find pay phones...do they exist any more? They were definitely few and far between! Thank goodness everyone else has cell phones!

I personally went up and down North and South Carolina visiting and looking at various areas. I really fell in love with Charlotte, it reminds me a lot of Austin! On Saturday I went to my friend Summer's wedding in Hilton Head, South Carolina! What a beautiful day! I am very thankful that I was able to be there for her special day and am blessed that I was able to see many of my friends from college!

I was so happily reminded of why I feel in love with the south when I was there for four years! The kindness of people continues to amaze me and leave me with the biggest smile on my face. I can't believe how much I miss it! After my little time there I came home saying "ya'll" and reminded of how important God, family, and friendship are in my life!

2 comments:

Seagers said...

We too are glad to get to spend more time with your family. The gdiapers were recommended by a college friend. They are a bit more expensive, so I am trying to find ways to use them with cloth inserts too, to save on re-buying the disposable ones. We shall see.

Chiara said...

I am so glad you had a great trip. It sounds wonderful! What a fantastic time of year to go visit. Did you take any pictures?